- Serves: 4-5
- Difficulty: Easy
- Two cups long grain rice
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 or 3 teaspoons Organic Extra Hot Pepper Sauce
- 250g Passata or 1 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 350g raw prawns
- ½ jar Organic Sweet Pepper Sauce
- ½ teaspoon Organic Extra Hot Pepper Sauce
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
Put rice in a medium pan and cover with 3 cups of water. Bring water to the boil, then simmer for 15-20 mins until water has been absorbed.
Fry the onion in the oil until soft, add extra hot pepper sauce and the passata or tomatoes and simmer covered for 15 minutes (if chopped tomatoes, it may take longer for the tomatoes to break down completely).
Add the rice to the sauce with the tomato puree and season lightly with salt. Mix thoroughly and cover and leave on lowest heat possible for 20 minutes.
For the prawns, heat the oil in a frying pan and add the prawns. Cook until the prawns turn pink and then add the pepper sauces and allow to heat through.
Serve with Joloff rice and petits pois.